PRINT AND PRINT MANAGEMENT
What Is Print Management?
Print Management has grown hugely in popularity over the last decade as businesses recognise the need to work smarter. All organisations, from corporate to SMEs, are looking for ways of increasing efficiencies and managing their time whilst ensuring they get the best value for money on any expenditure around print and marketing.
There are some misconceptions that Print Management just adds costs as a ‘middleman’ but, in fact, the opposite is true. Print management can – and should – actually have positive impacts on the bottom line and end quality.
A good Print Management company will take the initial brief and provide a range of options that provide the customer with a choice of options that they may not have foreseen. The PM provider is the expert in the relationship and supporting and managing a project from start to finish, can oversee the design, production, distribution and storage if required thus making it a simple, effective one-stop-shop solution for you.
HOW DOES GOOD PRINT MANAGEMENT ADD VALUE?
• Independence. A true Print Management company is completely independent of production, meaning they have no ‘preferred options’ and will advise on the most efficient methods of production and formats.
• Reduce your overall spend on print. A good Print Management will maximise the saving potential. This is their bread and butter so can identify areas where customers can cut costs whilst maintaining, if not improving quality. This can be changes to specifications, alternative ordering processes or ways to reduce stock levels (and so potential obsolescence).
• Negotiate the most competitive rates from approved suppliers. A good PM company lives and breathes the market. They have a shortlist of printers that they know and work with, so guaranteeing quality and quality control for you and as they place millions of pounds worth of business with them, have the leverage you’d never be able to produce alone..
• Innovation. Being independent means that the PM company can, and should, introduce the latest technology that can improve your service and product.
• Disaster recovery and contingency planning. There often exists an inherent – if unfounded – fear that outsourcing the Print requirements increases risk around data, storage and protection. Data protection and confidentiality don’t end when you press the ‘Send’ button. GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) mean our partners’ print and management processes are subject to the same levels of scrutiny and compliance to give you complete reassurance.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the Different Types of Print Mangement Available?
Operational & Transactional. Operational print is usually the backbone of a business, sometimes critical. By managing your stock and print process, our partners will ensure you are never without stocks of your key operational products. Includes but not limited to;
- Compliment slips
- Business cards
- Business forms
- Security print
- Transactional Mailing
- Web to Print
- Bespoke envelopes
- Labels/adhesive products
Although it is generally acknowledged that print is more expensive than a digital offering, it also has a higher engagement rate, a higher impact and a considerably higher ROI. As a result, quality marketing print is going through a resurgence as companies are going back to printed collateral that was for a time sidelined favour of digital communication. Now, print – especially direct mail – is again the key driver in most multi-channel marketing plans.
Marketing Print tends to cover Managing Digital Print, Litho Print, Large Format Print, Promotional Print and our partners have years of experience of every type of printing method, working with wide spectrum of paper stock options, finishing, folding and binding solutions. Their expertise lies in knowing the best way to a finished product that utilises different page sizes and formats, different stocks in one brochure, fold or throw-out pages, tip-ins or multi-piece mailings to achieve the best value possible.
Often seen as the ‘sexy’ end of the print industry, our partners don’t just supply the usual range of pens, notebooks, umbrellas, mugs, keyrings etc, but will work with you to come up with something different to the rest in truly bespoked gifts that will help deliver your sales message & generate customer loyalty.
How Can It Save You Money?
By Offering Alternative Solutions;
Customers generally already have a specification in mind when they approach their printers. As the printer will make his profit margin regardless there’s little or no incentive for him to question or challenge the fine details around print type, structure, materials, finishing and so on. Our Print Management partner take a fully proactive philosophy and will return not just a breakdown of costs against the original specification but with suggested alternatives with costs against each for you to decide.
By providing storage and stocking facilities
Our partners run secure, clean, (sterile for some customer products) warehousing and storage facilities, meaning you can take advantage of savings through larger run print jobs. Your print products can be managed on an online stock management system that your team have full visibility of to order reprints, call off stock, issue amendments and so on, leaving them free to focus on their core activites.
What Else Can Print Management Offer?
Fulfilment & Stock Management
Utilising an 80,000 square foot warehousing facility and sophisticated stock management systems, our partners can efficiently manage your stock, drive down costs and wastage. Stock is intelligently managed using trigger level replenishment and advanced forecasting tools to reduce stock holding to a minimum and provides this service to a variety of businesses and charities. The operate end-to-end call handling contact centre services, pick & pack order fulfilment services and response handling. Outsourcing your storage and distribution requirements (print or otherwise), converts fixed costs to transactional based costs, which means you can focus on your core activities.We pick, pack and despatch a wide range of products and also hold both an MHRA and Alcohol license and if appropriate, car code picking is an option for all clients. Carriage partners cover all despatch requirements from letters via Royal Mail, parcels and pallets via all major carriers. All services have next day and two day options to suit any need.
SEE HOW PROVANTAGE CAN SAVE YOU MONEY